An Engaged Community Makes a Difference for Life!
For more than 30 years, True Care Women’s Resource Center has assisted women struggling with the news of an unexpected pregnancy. Women like Sondra, who already had four children. Unmarried, she sought out True Care’s services after learning about us from a family member. Sondra was being pressured to abort by her mother. However, she was trying to remain strong, leaning on other relatives who were helping her and who were encouraging her to carry to term.
Ultimately, Sondra chose adoption, a choice less than 1 percent of women experiencing an unplanned pregnancy make. Through her supportive relatives and the programs provided at True Care – including our Resource program and our Baby & Me (Adoption Option) program, Sondra found hope and encouragement as well as the no-cost medical services she needed.
We couldn’t do the work we do at True Care without an engaged, supportive community, without people who believe in our mission: to erase the perceived need for abortion in Casper through effectively serving pregnant, at-risk women by turning their fears into confidence. Supporters like you help make a difference in the lives of these women. Here are five ways to continue making that difference:
- Participate in this year’s Heroes Run/Walk for Life! Saturday, June 2, we’ll gather at the North Casper Athletic Complex, across the street from the Boys & Girls Club. Sponsored runners and walkers are vital to this fundraiser, bringing in much-needed funds to meet our mission. Register for this event at https://www.truecaregiving.net/page/19-walk and be a hero!
- Purchase products through AmazonSmile. With graduations, weddings, Father’s Day, birthdays and just general shopping this summer and throughout the year, you can purchase your Amazon products/gifts and donate to True Care at the same time! Go to AmazonSmile.com and choose The Caring Center, Inc. as your charity of choice through this benevolent donation site – Amazon donates a portion of all such purchases to True Care. (The Caring Center, Inc. is True Care’s corporate name.)
- Sponsor a Day. For just $75 per month, you can help True Care continue to help the women of our community who experience unplanned pregnancies and are vulnerable to abortion. Cost for True Care to serve women for one day is $900; by contributing $75 each month for 12 months, you’ll sponsor a full day of service to these women.
- Become a Vision Tour host. At least once a month, True Care hosts Vision Tours, a one-hour behind the scenes look at our operations. Invite people you know who you think should know about us. Our next tour is scheduled for Thursday, June 21 – can you bring at least two people, perhaps friends or family, co-workers, your Bible study/women’s group comrades to the tour? Contact Lilly or Terry at 307-472-2810 to RSVP!
- Volunteer. We are looking for women who can give one to four hours each week to serve as Patient Advocates, meeting one-on-one with women who seek our services and/or participate in our long-term parenting program called Baby & Me. Be a mentor, be a guide – become an advocate for the women in our community! We also need volunteers for our behind-the-scenes endeavors, such as mailings and events.
- Pray. Warriors who storm heaven on behalf of True Care, the staff, volunteers, patients and their babies are necessary! We’re in a spiritual battle daily and we appreciate all prayers and intercessions.
There are many ways you can make a difference for the women in our community by partnering with True Care. We are 30 years strong because of people like you who have our backs, financially, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Help us move into the next 30 years as we work together to save women and their unborn from the devastation of abortion.