Statement of Principle
True Care is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, True Care is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to women in crisis pregnancies – both in word and in deed. In keeping with this purpose, those who serve the agency as board members, staff, and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord.
- True Care is committed to the highest degree of integrity in dealing with its patients, earning their trust, providing promised information and services, and avoiding any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations.
- True Care offers assistance free of charge and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, marital status, race, or religious preference.
- True Care provides accurate and complete information concerning prenatal development, abortion procedures and risks, and alternatives to abortion. Recognizing that abortion compounds human need rather than resolving it, this agency does not recommend, provide, or refer for abortions or abortifacients.
- True Care is committed to meeting a woman’s need at the point of decision regarding an unplanned or unwanted pregnancy. Through emotional support and practical assistance, women may face the future with hope, and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
- True Care supports adoption as an excellent alternative to abortion for women experiencing unplanned and unwanted pregnancies. A list of referrals to adoption agencies and attorneys is available for those who find parenting to be impossible at this stage of their lives. However, this organization does not initiate or facilitate adoption for our patients, nor do we receive payment of any kind from these agencies.
- True Care provides accurate and complete information on birth control, distinguishing between methods that prevent conception and abortifacients, but does not provide or refer unmarried patients for birth control. Married couples seeking contraceptive information are encouraged to seek counsel from their pastor and physician.
- True Care is committed to encouraging sexual abstinence among those who are single, and fidelity within a marriage relationship. We define marriage as ordained by God and between one man and one woman.
Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality
We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture.We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt to change one’s gender, or disagreement with one’s biological gender, is sinful and offensive to God.(Gen. 1:26-27, 2:18-25; Ex. 20-14, 16, 22:18; Lev. 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16;Deut. 22:5; Matt. 15:16-20, 19:4-6, 9; Rom. 1:26-31; I Cor. 6:9-10, 15-20;Phil. 2:14-16; Heb. 13:4; I Tim. 1:8-11; Jude 7)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of the purposes and mission of our organization, and to provide a biblical role model to the patients we serve and members and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by the organization in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, should abide by and agree to this Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality and conduct themselves accordingly.
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with scripture nor the mission of this organization.